On 2 Sep 2006, at 12:37 PM, KEVIN Lock wrote:

When we are at home I use Eudora as my mail program and my wife uses Mail. While we were away we were both reading email on iinet's webmail. Yesterday morning my wife downloaded her mail as usual and got everything that had been on her webmail including all the spam she thought she had deleted.
This morning she was unable to download any mail at all.
She went to webmail and there was a pile of new messages. Mail won't download any of them. She has just spent 20 minutes on the phone with an iinet support guy who admits defeat.

These things have been done:
All Mail preferences checked OK
Mail incoming server changed from mail.echidna to mail.iinet
Computer restarted.

Any other ideas O gurus?
Thanks
Kev

If Ronda's suggestion does not do it :

Make a new account in Mail with the requisite preferences ... don't just copy the old ones .....

If that does not work ,

Crate a new User in the Mac and setup a Mail account in that .

One way or the other ....... you will get there !

Bob