On 4 Sep 2006, at 12:47 PM, Mervyn & Giuliana Bond wrote:

Yesterday I was presented with a Super Talent Ultra Flash USB 2.0 Flash Memory Drive of 1GB. The information cards says it is compatible with USB 2.0 or 1.1. The information cards also asserts 'Plug and Play and easy to use'. Well, not on my iMac G4 running OS X 10.2.8. Visited their website at www.supertalent.com and found a patch for 10.2.8. Downloaded but my Stuffit Expander wouldn't (v7.0). Downloaded Stuffit upgrade (8.0.2), appropriate for my system and unstuffed the offending file. Installed the patch. No joy. My wife's iBook running 10.4.7 can see it in DOS format or MacOS extended.
Any ideas or do I give my Father's Day gift to my wife?
Merv

1.  Hang on to it !

2. It's probably formatted in Dos or the likes ( Fat32 ? ) which is desireable if you are going from Mac to PC , but not necessary for just Mac . Mac can normally handle
        the Dos , but perhaps your Mac cannot .

So use the ladies Mac to reformat to HFS+ and then see if your Mac will look at it

Bob

--
"Science teaches that we must see in order to believe, but we must also believe in order to see."