I have been busy following up the problems with the latest battery exchange
program with Apple HQ here in Sydney. I initially spoke to John Marx who
promised to pass on my concerns to those in charge of Apple Australia and
promised to get back to me. Well about half an hour ago Fiona Martin the
Public Relations Manager rang me up. This is where it gets strange!

Fiona Martin insists that it is not Apple Australia's policy to force
customers affected to have to send in their old faulty batteries first
before being able to receive a new replacement. She also insists that Apple
Australia has not threatened resellers to be charged for these batteries if
the faulty ones aren't returned within 10 days and also claims all country
customers will be sent the new battery along with a return postage paid
package to return the old battery. She claims they do not have to drop off
their faulty units to a reseller in person first. She claims Apple Australia
has gone out of its way to inform every reseller of this.

The only trouble is that 95% of posts I have read on various forums &
mailing lists claim the exact opposite is indeed the case.

Fiona has asked me to contact the various groups I deal with and to ask that
anyone who has been told by resellers that they must provide their old
battery first before being eligible for a new replacement battery contact
her providing details of those resellers making these claims along with any
relevant details/problems with the process. Her contact details are below.

Fiona Martin
Public Relations Manager
Tel: (02) 9641 8230/Mobile: 0421 052 769
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--

All the best

Greg Sharp