List,

Just for a reference I solved the issue through a suggestion from my brother who is also a list member.

He told me to turn off IPv6.. Low and behold the issue has gone.

Once again thanks for the various suggestions

Michael

Hi Michael

Another thing to try is a reinstall of the 10.4.7 Combo Update. I'd download
it from here:-
<http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/>
Also see if you can through in some DNS settings into Network system
Preferences
(system Preferences - Network - Edit your current configuration - Go to the
TCP/IP tab, about halfway down is DNS servers.
Close everything, restart, take a depth breath and see how it goes. ;o)

Hope that works!

Kind Regards
Daniel
---