Ronda Brown wrote:
Hi WAMUGers,

I have a PC that I'm 'fixing up' for my little Granddaughter ..... her parents don't want her to have a Mac.
(oh yeah, I'm thinking real hard on disinheriting them).
It's running Windows 2000 Professional.

Is there anyway I can share my Airport Wireless Network Internet connection with a Windows 2000 Desktop that does not have a wireless card or a Ethernet Port ?

If it doesn't have Ethernet it is stuck. It must be quite old yes?
If so it wont be much fun on the net anyway.

If you do get it on make sure it has a Firewall, Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, you don't want to be blamed for Windows inherent security flaws by your own children ;-) I can recommend ZoneAlarm, AVG Free and Spybot respectively.

Is there an adaptor that will work in Windows 2000 ?
I have read that adaptors only work in windows XP.
If it has a USB Port, you might try a USB Ethernet Adapter. Not too pricey.
I imagine you could get one with W2000 drivers.
You may then be able to share Internet from your Ethernet port to your granddaughter's.
Look in Sharing under System Preferences on your mac.

Oh, and try to use Firefox over Internet Exploiter.

Good luck
Paul