Thanks for this Peter

On 12 Oct 2006, at 3:17pm, Peter Sealy wrote:

I have not used any of the other ISPs mentioned in the replies except I have been with Internode for several years now. I can enthusiastically recommend them. I am on 1500/512 for 10 GB a month for $60. I also am connected to their Nodephone for VOIP which is a bit more expensive than many/most other VOIP providers but the reliability makes up for that. If you follow the comments at Whirlpool you will see where many of the VOIP providers are having trouble.

We can't get voip phone here in Geraldton, although I have a nice one- way account with engin via a Sipura "voice box".

You might be heartened by this response to an email I sent Internode today:
_________________

I apologise for the delay in responding to your email as we are
experiencing a high volume at the moment.

I can assure you iiNet are speaking in general terms and we have absolutely
no plans to  increase our prices in the near future.

The reason that a lot of ISP's are increasing prices is due to wholesale
costs, which basically means the special deals they used to receive are no
longer valid and they now  pay the same wholesale costs as us.

I can tell you we have NEVER raised our prices, the closest thing we have
done is increased our download limit and prices have remained the same.

Regards

Reg