Malcolm McCallum wrote:
Hi wamuggers

I have VPC on my G4 laptop and want to know how to protect myself from all the wicked viruses out there. Do I have to buy some proprietary software or can it be done some cheaper way.
If you will be using browsers on it, especially if it is to be ongoing, I suggest some spyware protection too.
There are various ones, some are worse than the spyware itself though!
I would start by installing SpyBot and crossing my fingers that was enough.
If after this you notice any uninvited behaviour in the browsers, double up with maybe Adaware.
That should do it for the vast majority I'd imagine.

Good luck
Paul