On 19/11/2006, at 11:41 PM, Robert Howells wrote:

On 19/11/2006, at 7:05 PM, Brian scott wrote:

Hi,

I would at least one USB port beside the two supplied with my 1.25 Aluminum Powerbook (OS . 10.4.8)

I've tried 2 different USB hubs but they both made my computer do unpredictable things.

Should we assume that those were Hubs powered from a separate Power Supply ?

Bob

Yes both were powered.

The kind of problems they led to were difficulty in shutting the computer down I had to remove the battery a couple of times
to get it out of a freeze.

And starting it up again - several pushes on the start button sometime got it started.

Those troubles don't happen when neither of the hubs are connected.

I should mention the type of hubs I guess - they are a 6 port Swann and a Belkin 6 port.

I'm reluctant to hook them up again as they both gave similar worrying problems.

I'm also worried that a PC Card with USB ports way present the same problems

I'm thinking if I could find a Bluetooth enabled Trackball (I love my trackball) I'd be able to free up one of the built in USB ports.

Brian

Is there a PC(MIA) Card that works this Powerbook?

Thanks

Brian