has 'someone' informed time.asia.apple.com (or any other time server) that WA is switching to Daylight saving at the end of the week or do we need to revert to manual setting of our (computer) system clocks?

my PDA has the provision for setting daylight saving options in a particular Time Zone but I can't find any similar options in System Preferences in OS X. Is there such a provision I am missing?

I suppose all dashboard widgets that relate to timezones will need to be updated (somehow; sometime)? or do they all reference system time?
what about something like iCal that allows timezone-support for events?

at least with Y2K we had time to anticipate the problems (& probably averted most of the potential issues - rather than them not existing in the first place)

peter meyer
0408 902349
[EMAIL PROTECTED]