I will be the pony :-)  ? (W.A.M.S.B.U.G

Mac
On 02/12/2006, at 7:49 AM, Paul wrote:

Hi all

Sorry to bump this thread but I feel left out ;-) (dodges rotten tomatoes)

I agree with Roger about the levels of feeling some folk have on this.
I honestly thought people were joking, I still choose to believe there was a little tongue in cheek...

Seriously though, referendums imho are a little rigged.
If I was a politician and (*for what ever reason*) I could use or benefit from a no vote result in a plebiscite I would move Heaven and Earth to have a referendum. As I would know the chances of Australia returning a yes vote is not good:

44 polls 8 yes votes, thats 18%. If I was a betting politician, I'd take that ;-)

http://www.aec.gov.au/_content/when/referendums/dates.htm

I promise I will post no more on this :-)

Avagoodweekend
Paul (W.A.M.S.B.U.G)