On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:08:28 +080 Martin Hill wrote:

"---------------------------------------------------------------
Apple iCal implications:

If you have Apple's iCal, it looks like it handles it better initially in
that even if you change the time zone of your Mac to Osaka Japan GMT +9.0,
you have the option in iCal to display all of your current appointments in
the old GMT 8.0+ and the old appointments will move back to the correct
time."

Running 10.3.9,  stand alone.

I chose to move to Seoul for the summer - - a bit nippy though - - and
I can report that with iCal support toggled on and with appointments
chosen to display in "Australia, Perth", the iCal Alarm Scheduler is
not included in this and runs its alarms on Seoul time.

I've now printed out all the summer calendar on month per view pages
for backup - and have toggled the iCal pref to Seoul time too.  I have
no desire to fuss with manually picking through the iCal changes and
hope that I am motivated enough to check each appointment as it arises
over the summer.

Time is relative - and in this case it's behaving like a grumpy old uncle ;-)

Thanks for the complete rundown Martin.