David

Unfortunately the V85 will not work with Skype.  The V85 is a SIP device and
Skype is, well, Skype.  Both use VoIP but do not interoperate.

To use the your V85 you will need to sign up with a VoIP service provider
like kmoo (www.kmoo.com.au), engin (www.engin.com.au) or MyNetFone.  One
free service I know of is Free World Dialup (FWD) but it doesn't allow you
to make "off net" calls.

The SIP proxy your phone keeps asking for is a VoIP server that switches any
calls you make.  FYI, SIP stands for session initiation protocol and is the
most popular standard for VoIP.  Skype is proprietary.  However, there are
quite a few USB handsets and other devices that work with Skype.  Check out
the Skype web site for info on them.

Regards

Greg