On 13/01/2007, at 9:39 AM, Paul Weaver wrote:

I have problems with OSX moving files to an external HD when they have dates
written with slashes.  eg 13/01/2007.

Any suggestions around this please?

Hi Paul,

I found this when trying to transfer files from my Sister's old machine to new iBook for her.
Change your forward slashes to  -
"The forward slash should also never be used in the name of a drive or partition, or virtually in any other name field in Mac OS X. The reason behind this limitation stems from Mac OS X's UNIX underpinnings

In prior versions of Mac OS the location of a file was noted using a path, with the colon ( :) separating objects. Mac OS X uses the forward slash ( /) in place of the colon."