Happy Australia day to you all,

Dad would like to purchase one of these eMacs. Does anyone know if there is a way to get a better computer for the money. He's not too keen on going second hand or ex demo. I have recommended that he go for the ram upgrade offer if he goes ahead.

http://www.nextbyte.com.au/nbnews.html

I've had an eMac for a couple of years and it has been a great little machine after a ram upgrade and the addition of an external hard drive. Dad doesn't have very sophisticated needs. Email and web access off dial-up. A bit of word processing etc and some mucking about with iPhoto. No plans to burn DVDs.

I would really appreciate any advice that any of you have time to offer.

Cheers
Paul