I've read all the below e-mails and can say a few things with my limited
lengthening experience.

I've had one user and she had her very original Bondi iMac running a 56k
modem every day up until early last year, she only upgraded because she
needed new software, was becoming more of a power user and the offer was
there of a salary packaged Apple iBook 14".

At my old school I managed most computers consisted purely of iMac G3 350Mhz
that were showing their age with keyboards playing up, fuzzy CRTs, different
coloured CRTs, small hard drives, low memory and some weird eery noises.

At this new school we are running similar machine still in some locations
and they are running Tiger 4.8 no problem, bit slow but we can't complain.
We have them and that's better than some school!

We had a museum at my old school and it's a big big disappointment but they
will probably be thrown (if they haven't already :() a complete working
museum of every model Mac the school has had in bulk. There was a Mac
Classic II that was supported by Coles Supermarkets back from the late 80s,
early 90s I believe. Performas, iMacs, G3s.. All in working order.. The
Classic II went out of full time use in 1997 which isn't a bad innings!

Not very old yet still run quite hard, I had a Education Special QuickSilver
2x1Ghz G4 that as far as I knew ran 24/7 from the day it was bought, only
being turned off when Western Power tripped over a cord or it had software
installed.. That was a rocket and with maxxed out memory of 1.5GB a rocket
ship aswell, all of last year I had it running at 100% CPU assisting in
distributed computing programs! I should really offer my old school to buy
that back, it's a special education model and is a good bit of my history at
my first real job!

Thanks, David Moyle
Bertram, Western Australia