Just got signed up with Optus for a broad band connection. After a deal of mucking around collecting the hardware from the airport base of the courier I start to read the instructions.

Dire warning. "You MUST run the enclosed installation CD-ROM BEFORE you connect any of the hardware......"

OK, chuck the CD in the lap top. Note that system requirements are Windoze this and Windoze that.

NO result.   The CD is Windoze only.

Ring Optus, do the usual "in a few words tell us why you are calling" routine. Grumble........"i'm sorry did you say X or Y? ". etc etc

A real person ( in India) eventually says - "you do not need to run the CD. Just plug in the modem."

I hope that's the only problem I ever get with Optus!

Bill