Hi All,

I am looking for some Project Management software in the likes of MS Project. It doesn't need to look like the MS version, nor does it need to work the same...just have similar functionality. Cost is also a limiting factor.

I have just tried GanttProject and found its interface was pretty crap, ie. only the first 8 letters of a task title is shown which makes it difficult to see which task you are looking at when you have a bunch of tasks allocated. It also seemed like you could only view a single project at a time, whereas with MS Project you have all your projects in a list that expands to show tasks and sub tasks, etc.

I downloaded OmniPlan which looks good, but the trial only allows you to have up to 20 tasks which is no good for me to trial properly.

Could anyone in the know please provide me with your perspective on whatever you have tried.

Cheers,

Adam.

GanttProject: I'm not sure what view you were using, but you can resize the left hand column to see more characters in the name, but I'll agree it's not (yet) really what I'd choose for big projects (on the other hand, it is free :)

You might want to check out this discussion thread from Macintouch for more options.

http://www.macintouch.com/projman.html

Fasttrack Schedule has been around for a while:

http://www.aecsoftware.com/

If you want a web hosted solution lots of the 37 signals/43 Folders/Getting Things Done people like Basecamp

http://www.basecamphq.com/

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  The love of liberty is the love