A family member has an early revision Dual 2GHz G5.

It has suddenly started putting patches of short fines lines on the screen, mostly over icons and a set that moves with the cursor.

Interestingly enough you can see it in a screen capture too.

I ran the Apple Hardware Test disc that came with the machine. The lines were present after booting from this CD too.

I got "Logic Board Fault" when running the test with two varying messages :

2FAN/4/8:Fan For BACKSIDE
and
2FAN/4/8:Fan For SLOT

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the fans...

I have tried resetting the PRAM and reseating the video card knowing this is probably a lost cause.

Any advice as to what exactly this error might be? And I'm guessing a replacement logic board would be so expensive that buying a new machine would be wiser?

Cheers, Antony.

=   Antony N. Lord           =     http://antonylord.com         =
=   [EMAIL PROTECTED]       =     Perth, Western Australia      =