I have a problem with my 20" iMac. When I try to start it up it goes through the process of starting up i.e. it shows the apple icon and the spinning wheel then it shows the panel with the big X starting the system, then it shows the background picture and nothing else. No dock, no icons nothing but the background pic. Up in the top right hand corner is a tiny piece of the spotlight icon and when I move the cursor into that area I get the spinning coloured wheel?

Any ideas!!??

Regards Chris Griffiths