I get a lot of use out of the car charger/FM transmitter with the 60gig iPod when driving. The iPod charges while you listen on the road. Usually enough to cover the rest of the day. Not sure about a shuffle solution for this though. http://www.streetwise.com.au/ product_info.php?cPath=143_183&products_id=4392

Good luck
Paul

On 01/04/2007, at 11:27 AM, David Moyle wrote:

You can purchase a genuine or third-party 240V power adaptor which has a USB port for the output. Simply puts the 240V down to 5V which is required to
charge it I believe..

Thanks, David Moyle
----------
Bertram, Western Australia
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"If a cluttered desk is characteristic of a cluttered mind, what does an
empty desk mean?"

Confidentiality Notice:
The contents of this email are confid.. Were you meant to receive this? If
not, delete it. Please?

-----Original Message-----
Phillips
Sent: Sunday, 1 April 2007 10:47 AM
To: WAMUG Mailing List
Subject: Charging an iPod Shuffle?

I finally bit the bullet and bought an iPod shuffle. However, the
default way of charging this is thru the USB port of my Mac.  Are
there any alternatives to this?  I will be away over Easter, and I
want to use the iPod, but I don't want to take my laptop with me just
to charge it.

I have tried using my externally-powered USB hub, but this doesn't
seem to work. Are there any alternatives?

TIA
Rob
--
Rob Phillips, BSc, PhD, Grad Dip Comp Sci, FHERDSA