Hi Susan,

Does the DVD have PCM audio?

If it has, that is the problem using Toast 8.
I've just noticed with Toast 8.0.1 and MPEG videos with PCM audio. Toast 8 can't do anything with a MPEG video that has PCM audio only. It is a Toast 8 bug that Roxio hasn't solved yet. I think this became broken when Toast added all the new AIFF feautres in the audio window.

The best workaround for now is to use Toast 7 with MPEGs that have only PCM audio.
The MPEGs with PCM problem is only with Toast 8.
Hopefully the next update to Toast 8 will fix this.