Hi Tom,
I was just about to send the following email, maybe it is relative.

Hi all,
For those of you who have EyeTV 2.04, have just upgraded to Quicktime 7.1.6. and may be experiencing EyeTV freezing. The answer is to re-download EyeTV 2.04 from the Elagato home page. It works, have a look at FAQ.
Regards
Les Standish