On 13/05/2007, at 8:48 PM, Glenn Nicholas wrote:

Hi Wamug,

I've got a new Sony ECM-C115 external microphone, but not having much joy from it.

Recording using the built-in microphone is fine.

However when I plug the external mic into the audio-in plug on the back of my iMac G5 (PowerPC):
- input in Sound Prefs switched over to Line In
- input volume is turned up (max)
- input level shows 60-70%
- in the recording, the sound is  very-very-soft sound levels.

Am I missing something?

Glenn.

Some microphones need a Pre Amp before the line input.  You need
to research whether yours is one of those

Bob