I've got an ancient external SCSI disk from my sister which has her original PHD data on it that she's hassling me to recover for her.

trouble is though I have a PCI SCSI card (Adaptec AHA 2930CU MAC) that used to work on my old G3 server and my G3 and G4 towers under Mac classic, but the moment I upgraded the G4 to OS X it stopped functioning and could no longer access SCSI drives (even though it came up in the system profiler) , in fact it caused the machine to constantly crash, and before I removed it was causing such erratic behavior OS wise it actually caused me to loose a lot of data

As such I'm somewhat hesitant to put it in to my "new" G5

any anybody had any joy getting SCSI to work under OSX?

if so suggest a card or a possible USB/SCSI bridge device ( I know there were some in the early days of SCSI free macs but by all reports they were horrible, unreliable things, unloved by all and sundry who tried to use them)

failing that I guess I'll need to track down a SCSI equipped barebones G4 or earlier still running Classic....

personally think this is a lost casue as the external disk drive hasn't even been powered up for over 10 years and has most likely died of old age.
--
Mark Secker Computer Support Officer
ph# 61-8-6488 1855 (ECEL) <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"It takes an idiot to do cool things.... that's why it's cool"
- Haruhara Haruka (FLCL)

Ubi fumus, ibi fumus