Hi David (& Bob!)

I set up separate user accounts for some different activities - Geneology,
Music, General - it seemed like a good idea at the time!! (I think spaces in
leopard is really what I want) - anyway, as Bob says, it is a bit of a pain
when moving stuff around - but I generally manage!

Firstly, you will need to be logged on with user privileges. Then, from
memory, find the relevant folders in, say, your son's user account eg:
users/userA/Desktop - it will have a red "no entry" on the folder icon and
you wont be able to browse the contents and if you "get info" it will show
that you have "no access". However, if you click the lock icon next to owner
you can change the owner to yourself (you will probably be asked for your
admin password) - then you can browse copy etc - the only thing is... Don't
forget to change the ownership BACK when you've finished - otherwise the
real user will have problems accessing his folder!

You may have to repeat the exercise on lower level folders if they don't
show up as giving you sufficient access - remember to keep track of anything
you change so you can change it back!

Hope that helps

Neil

--