On 02/07/2007, at 10:05 AM, Pat Scott wrote:

Hello, all,

It used to be that there was some kind soul/s who used to mention the release of new updates in the WAMUG list. This hasn't happened for some time, and I just discovered I am about a year in arrears for security updates.

Are security updates 'combo' style? That is, does the most recent update contain (some/all?) previous ones?

Do you have your computer set to check for updates automatically? To check, go to System Preferences > Software Update and look at the status of the "Check for Updates" check box. If it is not checked, click it to turn it on. Also be sure to specify if you want the system to check daily, weekly or monthly (I have it set to "daily"). Your system when then tell you when new security updates are released (as well as other key software updates), and they will be the correct versions for your computer (ie, PPC or Intel).

If you do already have automatic checking turned on, please ignore this message.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913