We used to pay to make and receive mobile calls a few years ago but with the arrival of competition, that has changed. If we make a mobile call to another mobile phone using the same provider, there is no charge to the receiver. However if we make a mobile call to another mobile on the competitors system, we all pay. At the moment though, the mobile companies are vying to get service contracts with the ex-pat pilot group and are willing to offer all sorts of incentives including no charge to the receiver no matter which company they are with. I have noticed our SMS is much cheaper than in Oz.

Wendy