On 31/07/2007, at 10:52 AM, Michael Hawkins wrote:

I feel a bit foolish, but I don't know what "select" means in the following instruction. I want to remove some, but not all, songs from iTunes. Every song I have has a tick next to it. Does that mean I have "selected" every song so that if I click Remove, every song will be removed? (I don't want to do that!) Or do I have to highlight a song in order to select it, and if that's the case, will songs that have been ticked but not highlighted remain
when I click Remove?

"In iTunes, select the item you want to remove, and then press the Delete
key on your keyboard.
In the dialog that appears, click Remove.
If the item is stored in the iTunes Music folder (in the Music folder in
your home folder), you see another message. Do one of the following:
To leave the item on your hard disk, click Keep Files.
To delete the item from your hard disk, click Move to Trash. The item is permanently deleted from your hard disk the next time you choose Finder >
Empty Trash."

Hi Michael,

You have to click once to 'highlight' (select) the track you want to delete. Then press the delete key & you will get a message asking you are you sure you wan to remove the selected songs from your iTunes Library. Click 'Remove' & you will get another message asking do you want to move the selected songs to the trash, or keep thm in the iTunes Music Folder.

If you really want them deleted click 'move to trash'