Hi all,

I'm working on an archive at the moment and I need to make a database of the records that will be accessible on most bog standard pcs. I am, obviously, on a Mac. Do I need to go to something as complex as Filemaker, or is there something else simpler and more user friendly out there like the old Claris version?

Also, I would like to digitise and store the files on external drives, but I believe that FAT 32 drives can't handle files over 2gb in size. I have some files that will be closer to 40gb by themselves. Is there any option for pc formatted firewire drives that can be used both on Mac and PC, and handle these large files, or do I need to chunk everything up into sub 2GB pieces?

cheers
Jude