Hi Tony, do the SDHC card and Hard Drive on the camera show up on the Mac at all? That would give you the drag and drop. However, you might still have to do some conversion to get them into iMovie.

You cannot import directly into older versions of iMovie via a USB cable. Macs always required the Firewire connection for direct importing.

If you can't see the SDHC card and Hard Drive on the desktop when you connect them via the USB cable, then you will have to purchase iLife 08 so that you have the latest version of iMovie that can import video using a USB cable. This link shows cameras that are supported, just doesn't happen to list your camera. However, it looks like your camera would be recording in MPEG-2 which is supported.

If the link doesn't work, try under Apple support for imovie.

I don't think there is a definite answer to your query, you may just have to try it and see. The advantage of iLife 08 is that all of the applications are enhanced and it only costs $99.

Susan.