Try a complete power-down as described here:

Cheers, Matt.

On 04/09/2007, at 8:18 PM, Matt/Kath wrote:

Would appreciate any advice on the following.......
I am trying to transfer video from Cannon MV700i to imovie via firewire 6 pin. Have had no problems previously but this time it is saying that there is no camera connected. I have switched cameras, changed cable, switched ports, repaired permissions, run disk warrior and macjanitor, rebooted -all without success. My external hard drive (which is also connected via firewire) when turned on does not appear on the desktop. USB cables and ports are all working fine. Problem is only with firewire.

Matt

Thanks Matt.

Powering down worked.

Cheers, Matt