Has anyone done this update? I would like to think that it is all going to be fine but then I thought what if it completely munts your mac and people have been unable to get back on line to spread the word.

"This update is for iMac computers with Intel processors only.

Note: Print or write down these instructions before you begin the update.

To update the firmware on your Intel-based iMac:

1. Quit all other open applications.

2. Click Shut Down in the iMac EFI Firmware Update window and wait for your computer to shut down.

3. Press and hold the power button on your iMac until the power indicator light flashes repeatedly or you hear a long tone, then release the power button.

A status bar indicates the progress of the update.

Important: Do not interrupt the update.

Your computer restarts automatically when the update is completed and opens the iMac EFI Firmware Update.

4. Click OK, if the firmware is now up-to-date.

If these instructions appear on your screen again, the firmware update was not successful. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4."