Dear Faye

I note you have fould it again. I thought you might be interested in Photorescue anyway. Im about 99.01% sure it would retrieve any deleted items provided they haven't been overwritten. Hence follow Bob's advice, download a demo of Photorescue onto another mac, then set it to search your HDD for deleted items. If it finds what you're looking for pay the rego (US$29) and it will retrieve your files.
http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/

Have Fun

Reg