On 29/10/2007, at 3:55 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

Hi WAMUGers,

Since installing Leopard and finding out how to remotely control Macs on my Network & Remotely, I came across this showing where System Preferences came from, and what's new.

I found it interesting and possibly some of you will also.
http://www.appleinsider.com/print.php?id=3343

Actually, this is just one of an entire series of articles which have appeared on AppleInsider since the announcement of Leopard's release date. It's well worth delving back through the recent articles on the site looking for stories that begin with "Road to". Of particular historic intterest are the ones about the Dock and the Finder. Both are very instructive and should be recommended reading for any student of computing history (and that pretty much goes for the rest of the series as well).

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913