Hi Rosemary,

Sounds pretty tricky!

One thing I often find helps when it is not obvious where the problem lies
is to try and narrow down the areas by elimination.

Although, logically, the fact that you can connect OK suggests there is no
problem with the website server or the modem and the fact that he can access
other websites suggests that there is no problem with his internet/email
connection - if it were just that simple he wouldn't be having problems!

So a few ideas that come to mind (apologies if you've already been through
this!) include:

1) As Bob suggested, try connecting the macbook directly to the modem by
ethernet - this should let you take the wireless connection and associated
settings out of the equation.

2) Try setting up a new user account on the macbook and try and access the
website when logged into that account - that lets you take out all his user
settings and preference files and should indicate whether it is a
machine/system wide problem or user problem.

3) How do you have your firewalls set up:
 - modem/router firewall on, computer firewalls off
 - computer firewalls on modem/router firewalls off
 - some other combination of firewall settings
If you both have individual computer firewalls on, are there any differences
in your firewall settings?

4) Let us know how this goes - depending on the results, it might trigger
other ideas from the list

Good luck!

Cheers

Neil