Hi Josh,

Yeah, main attractions of a USB adaptor for me are:

1) Easy to swap between two computers (both are 2nd computers so we won't
want to use both simultaneously)
2) Should? have a better wireless range so handle the brick/granite walls
better.

Ebay have a few original airports for sale - the one that closes first is
currently up to $33 (+$5 postage) and closes in 19hours:
<http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120189284351&ssP
ageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002>

I guess the "flakiness" or otherwise is what I was trying to gauge with my
post! But I see that Macfixit are selling an Asus one on ebay for $55 (+$10
postage) that they say:

> Works with Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4 Tiger
>
> 100% Compatible With Apple Airport and Airport Extreme
>
> GUARANTEED APPLE COMPATIBILITY, EASY SET UP:

<http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280179337318&ssP
ageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018>

I was just looking for some WAMUG wisdom and experience (good or bad) with
ANY usb adaptors before making any decisions.

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton