Hi Mark, everyone,

We also have a problem with purchased iTunes files - the motherboard in my G5 iMac PPC was replaced under warranty so now has a different serial #. My daughter's purchased iTunes files had to be authorised to the new serial #, thus using another of the permitted number of devices (5 in total I believe), meaning that she has to de-authorise another machine.

As it turns out, the replacement motherboard has a fault, so when we get another new one (under warranty) that will use yet another iTunes "life".

So, like Mark, does anyone know how to work around this to get back the "lost" authorities?

Cheers
Tony Evers

Community Mental Health Educator
"Supporting The Transition To Parenthood"

PO Box 5075
Albany WA 6332
ph 08 9844 6317
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Take a moment to consider - am I confusing wants with needs?