Quoting Neil Houghton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Out of interest Dennis, what warranty do PLE offer and do they guarantee
their RAM to be 100% Mac compatible - or are you confident enough with all
the RAM specs/parameters to decide that for yourself.

I bought a 2.4 GHz 20" iMac about a month ago (to replace a Grape iMac running 9.2 - what a jump).

I looked at http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306204 which said:-

You can use Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Module (SO-DIMM) that meet all of these criteria:

    * PC2-5300
    * Unbuffered
    * Nonparity
    * 200-pin
    * 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

and I looked at MEM KINGSTON PC5300 2GB DDR2 667MHZ SO-DIMM <http://www.ple.com.au/snapshot.php?inventory_id=29161> which said:-

That looked like a pretty good match to me. PLE on the above link offer a one year warranty but the link from there to Kingston offers a lifetime warranty.

I put one 2GB chip in and have been using mostly Keynote, Photoshop and Encore since then without any problems. I am not using Leopard yet as there is no support for my scanner. I did install it and it ran but I had to downgrade to get the scanner working for this project.

The iMac and extra RAM were a Christmas present for me but PLE also gave me the best price I could find on a Canon A720IS digital camera for my son.

--
Dennis
"Ray was not dead, he had only gone to the dentist."  G. Keillor  "WLT"