Another option that doesn't require the time and duplication of disk space required by exporting your movie from iMovie is to:

- right-click (or control click) on your iMovie project (called "My Great Movie.iMovieProject" or whatever you titled it) and choose "show package contents" from the pop-up context menu
- open the "Shared Movies" folder
- then open the iDVD folder

You should then see a Quicktime reference movie for your whole edited movie which you will be able to drag straight into the timeline in Final Cut Express (or Pro). FCE will ask if you want to change settings to match the imported footage which you should do in order not to have to re-render all the time.

This reference movie is only ~ 300K in size, but it acts as if it is the entire exported iMovie project movie which you can edit to your heart's content in FCE (or FCP). Just make sure you don't make any changes to the original imovie project otherwise it will mess up the reference movie in FCE.

-Mart