Hi Ed,

Look under View -> Show View Options. Make sure "Show Icon Preview" is unchecked.

Cheers, Matt.

On 22/01/2008, at 10:36 AM, Chris Burton wrote:

Hi Ed

thanks very much for your response. I see from their website that it focuses on Adobe products and Im not sure it will help to change all icons in the Finder. What I have noticed is that when I do a 'Get Info' on say an excel file, there is still the original icon in the top bar of the Get info window but not in the Preview section.? The same for Word or a Pdf? In addition when I copy one of the files from its folder and place it on the desktop it becomes represented by the app icon!

Also after going to a folder that I had transfered from my other MacBook (that has Tiger) all original icons on the files are systematically replaced with the new 'first page icon' in a matter of seconds, so there must be some process going on that may be reversed.

The reason Im interested in reverting back to the original icons is that it is easier for me to see what file Im looking for at a glance. My work involves mainly writing reports (Word), analysis of data (Excel) and reading papers (Pdfs) so it really helps to see them.

thanks again for any advice here

kind regards

chris