On 18/03/2008, at 9:57 AM, Diana & Graham Stevens wrote:

I have been looking at a digitised book in the LDS Family History Library Catalogue.

Instead of displaying the pages in the area provided, as it does on the PC at the LDS Library, I am asked if I want to download the page. Even if I say NO I get an empty PDF file in the chosen location.

I changed the preference for PDF to 'open with default program', now it does not ask me, it automatically downloads the page to disk but does not open it.

DIANA,
this page may help you ...

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox>

It has some sections and references about saving files

Bob

What should I do to be able to browse through the pages and just download ones I want to disk? Do I need a plug-in and, if so, what?

I gave up British Origins because I had to download the images to disk to view them and I find that I can't use the 'advanced viewer' on findmypast. Ancestry gives no problems

OS 10.3.9 on a G4 [Quicksilver 933 MHz, 512 MB RAM], Firefox 2.0.0.12

Best wishes to all from Diana