Hi Rob,

You can use our OM4Tourism platform to create and operate this kind of
site. You can setup a Wordpress based site with web pages and a blog,
and you can have multiple users participate in content management.
There are self managed content and self-managed design features so you
can control your own site. There is no setup fee and no ongoing
hosting fee.

If you are familiar with Wordpress.com, we use the same underlying
software.  We have created a site template more suited to a business
that needs to undertake its own online marketing -
e.g. search marketing, content marketing, email marketing.

This is the sign up link for our Tourism related community:
http://om4tourism.com/get-om4tourism-website/

We also have a community for non-tourism businesses:
http://om4business.com/

Anyone else in WAMUG that is running a small business and would like
to try our platform, you are very welcome to setup a site and see how
you like it.
Our business model is based on free setup and hosting of DIY sites. We
also offer optional paid marketing services such as content creation,
copywriting etc. These are genuinely optional (and really meant for
business owners who choose to outsource some of the web content and
marketing). If you want to do you own content and design you can do it
all yourself with no charges.  Wordpress is used by millions of people
to edit their own web content, so it is very achievable.

If you would like to see examples of clients using the OM4 platform
you can see them here:
http://om4.com.au/om4-websites/

Regards,

Glenn Nicholas

PublicityShip
OM4Tourism

On 25/03/2008, Rob Phillips <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all
>
>  This is a little off-topic...
>
>  I am organising a small folk music festival, and we need a website for
>  it. Does anybody know of an organisation which hosts websites for
>  community organisations?  I am looking for something with some Web2.0
>  functionality - like Drupal? - which will allow some blog-like functions
>  and commenting and rating, with the ability for amateurs to easily
>  create some static content in HTML.  Integration with e-commerce
>  functions would also be good.  We have some funds for this, but can't
>  pay commercial rates.
>
>  Any suggestions?
>
>  Cheers
>  Rob
>  --
>  Rob Phillips, BSc, PhD, Grad Dip Comp Sci, FHERDSA
>  Teaching and Learning Centre
>  Room 4.42 Level 4 Library North Wing , Murdoch University,
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Phone: +61 8 9360 6054  Mobile: 0416 065 054
>  Fellow, Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia

Glenn Nicholas
0401 143 918