Hi All

Not sure if this is a universal problem but my macbook pro (purchased Jan 08 now with OSX 10.5.2) sometimes just doesnt wake up after being asleep for an hour or all night. All I have is a black screen for a half an hour in one case, but I can still hear a 'soft' noise inside it. I usually just have to press the power button to shut it down then restart.

Has anyone else had this happen and is there a fix?

I had a thought today that it might require a firmware upgrade perhaps?

Kind regards

chris

I'd ensure you've got all the firmware updates installed.

Are you sure it's not in Safe Sleep? Your MacBook will go into Safe Sleep if its battery is low, ie it writes all of memory out to disk and turns off. You won't be able to wake it from keyboard or mouse, but pressing the power button will cause it to reload memory from disk and start up where it left off.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1757

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  The love of liberty is the love