Hi Adam,

The Mighty Mouse offers a 360° scroll ball (not just an up/down
wheel), which is why I like it. I agree that it could have more
buttons and should not chew through the batteries like it does. I use
rechargables for my wireless Mighty Mice and although they need to be
charged often, I am in the habit. Wireless Mighty Mouse seems to have
pretty good lifespan with lithium batteries, which I keep on hand for
when I am mobile without a recharger. But still not nearly on par with
any other brand, I take it.

The thing is, I've never had a great experience using other people's
mice, and not even been impressed by the ergonomic shaping, etc., thus
I have never overcome the intertia of using the Mighty Mouse. I think
the Apple one suits my hands (and I tend to use mice left-handed,
too). Although a lot of people have complained that the scroll ball
breaks down and cannot be repaired, I use mouse mats and keep my
scroll ball clean by spraying with isopropanol periodically, so I
don't have the problem that other people seem to have.

James