Hi fellow WAMUG members

The renewed comments on the positives and negatives of the Mighty Mouse, have drawn me to add my two bob's worth.

Just before Christmas I bought my current iMac, and had the wireless keyboard and wireless Mighty Mouse bundled with it. Having never used wireless components before I found the change to be almost life- changing, as did the cats (no more cords to kill). I have to say I absolutely still love the keyboard, however I have recently retired the Mighty Mouse, after about 4 months of use. While I have really enjoyed using the Mighty Mouse, I found that I'm lucky if I get 3 - 4 weeks between battery changes. This makes for a very expensive little toy, so it has graciously been retired.

On a positive note, however, I would like to say a very big thank you to Matt, whose post "Bad, bad, mouse" (WAMUG list 4/4/08), suggested an excellent alternative mouse. Matt recommended the Logitech VX Revolution notebook mouse as an alternative. This mouse only takes one battery, and I have now been using it for about 3 weeks (with no evidence that it is about to need replacement). On the law of averages, this mouse is already lasting longer than the MM. It is also very light and easy to use (particularly with a 24" screen).

I do hope that Apple addresses the short life-spam issue sometime in the future, however for anyone looking to buying a new wireles mouse, do give this one a go.

I'll now get off my soapbox.

Thanks again Matt, and to other invaluable advice and information provided by such wonderful people on this list.

Regards
Rosie