On 03/05/2008, at 1:27 PM, Ikon Design wrote:

Hi List
You are my last hope barring mac doctor, I shut down my old work horse a G3 Beige Desk Top for a week turning the power off at the power point as well, when I turned it back on it does not respond as if it does not have power to it. I have changed pram battery and reset cuda but there is no life, any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Clive

It's possible the hard drive has stuck ... old age

Are you able to insert a system CD and boot from that ?

Hold down the mouse as you hit the power button to start .

I have some bits here of similar age that might help
SCSI hard drive etc .etc

Bob