Both Disk Utility and DiskWarrior told me that the hard disk in my 17" G4
PowerBook was beyond repair, so I'd pretty much accepted that.

As a last ditch effort, before I put the G4 out to pasture, I've done a
complete erase and reinstall, using the original installation disks, and
everything appears to have installed fine.

Is that normal? Could a complete reinstall have fixed whatever it was that
DiskWarrior couldn't? Should I be concerned about the stability of the
seemingly reborn G4?!

Cheers, Steven