Ken ,

I have confirmed that the entourage mail is inside the folder

user - yourname - documents - microsoft User data - office 2004 identities - main identity - database

I found I had imported other mail into that database which made it large ( 360MB ) I removed my database to another location and restarted for Entourage to make a new database ... size 18MB

Removing the new database and copying back the old database to that location brought all
 the old mail back ready for use .

HAVE FUN

BOB