I went cold turkey about 3 months ago. Although I can't help, I feel your pain. I used to research (in-depth) methods of improving WoW performance. My previous computer, a Dual 1.8 G5 tower, had an ATI X800 in it. When I traded it in for a brand new iMac a few months ago, I noticed a slight drop in fps ... luckily, that was the same time as I stopped playing*. : )

slightly off topic; one of the great things (for me) about getting an 'all-in-one' computer like an iMac... I've stopped investing so much time and money in better graphics cards.

My experience with virus software is that they are massive CPU hogs. That was back in the OS 9 days though, so I figure they've improved a lot since then (?)

Cheers,
Toby.

*The two are not related. WoW is the most addictive game I've ever played ...