Thanks Stuart

Are you taking orders yet? I'll contact you separately but I appreciate very much the information.

Cheers
Mike

On 13/06/2008, at 12:20 PM, Stuart Evans wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I noted a few questions on the iPhone and would like to answer some. For those that don't know, we've been an Apple Store (AppleCentre up until last
year) since 2004. Because we're regional, we also have been a Vodafone
dealer since 2004 (multiple revenue streams!!). So we have the lucky
distinction of being able to provide the iPhone to our Apple customers, and we understand the Vodafone contracts and prepaid systems. Hopefully that
will mean we will get through activations quickly!

So (Sales Plug coming....!!!) - if you want to reserve an iPhone - please let us know. We have a store in Albany and an office in Bunbury so we can personally cover the South of WA. For customers we have in Perth (including WAMUGgers), we may look at travelling up to Perth and organising a delivery
point depending on numbers.

Firstly - Pricing. We are still waiting on plans. The iPhone will be
available as a prepaid phone as well. Generally, prepaid phones are priced at a subsidy and therefore are locked so the carrier can generate revenue from airtime. All carriers have unlocking fees but I don't know if they'll do it for iPhone. The US pricing is only an indication. I wouldn't hang my
hat on it (ie MacBook Air!). Hopefully we'll have something today.

For Mike - you 'should' be able to use your iPhone overseas for most of its features. It will depend on the carrier in the country you are in. You'll have to make sure you activate global roaming with whichever carrier you
choose as well.

Edward - I would suggest if you are based here and travelling overseas, don't buy the iphone in the US. You will probably come up against locking and carrier issues. Same as for Mike, if you buy and activate here, then you can roam to whichever countries the carrier supports. For instance, Vodafone have roaming contracts with hundreds of networks in 120 countries. It can
also depend on whether you go contract or prepay. Check the Optus and
Vodafone web sites and search for 'roaming'. Vodafone cover all your
destinations except Bulgaria at first look.

I think that eventually Telstra will sell or support the iPhone. Whether
they will have better/cheaper plans or not is another thing. It is a
competitive market so you can wait for a while to see what happens if you choose. Just like with any mobile phone plan, check the small print. You might think you're getting a good deal but the disgruntled customers we see (leaving other carriers) are usually annoyed at what "isn't" in the plan.

Also important to note (for regional areas) that both Optus and Vodafone are rolling out 3G networks throughout 2008 with a goal of providing coverage across a majority of Australia. I don't think it will be quite as extensive as NextG (I think 94% as opposed to 98%), but it will cover most areas. Info
is available on the 'net.

Anyway, hope that lot isn't too much of an imposition. Feel free to ask any questions. I can recommend Vodafone even if you want to purchase in whatever location you are. If not Vodafone, Optus are a better option than most of the other carriers (imho) if you choose to go that way (not that you have a
choice at the moment!).  :-)

Cheers,
Stuart

Stuart Evans